Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Little Bee by Chris Cleave

I had high expectations for this book, I had seen it in many other book stores and read the first page but decided to look for it some other time, specifically at the library, but I found it again at the library and decided, why not? This book follows 2 women, Little Bee and Sara. I thought Little Bee was much more interesting than Sara, to the point where I thought about skipping the chapters narrated by Sara if I hadn't been so interested in what happened on The Beach, an event that both of the characters referenced many times and drove Sara's husband to suicide. There were a lot of funny things in here and many interesting truths, and it had the potential to be a good book, but the end just sucked. I wont actually ruin it for you so I'll tell it like this: It was looking bad, then is got worse, then it got bad and good, the good? I thought that was a dream, then good then shit. The End.
***

No comments: