Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I think most arguments about evolution could be avoided what evolution is and is not arguing.
As you know, were doing "origins of life". After my presentation (about finches) a girl asked me, "if you go to Antarctica, why don't you grow hair all over your self?". Evolution doesn't happen over night and it won't happen in one generation.
Another girl presented a law, I don't remember what it was called, but it stated that life only creates similar life and that life can't come from nothing. She said this proved that this law proved evolution wrong because evolution says a horse can give birth to a zebra. Except it doesn't. It is doubtful that a horse will ever evolve to have stripes, but if so it wouldn't one day give birth to one.
I'm mostly frustrated that people think this because they weren't educated because of the school's "buffer".

No comments: