Thursday, February 14, 2013

People being nice to me

(Yes I'm enough of a loser to keep track of these things)

I have 2 stories of people being particularly nice to me.
1. I went to 7/11 on Tuesday morning to buy a bag of chips. When my mom pulled in front of  the store some guy waved at us and I guess I half acknowledged him. Then when I got out of the car he opened the door for me and greeted me with a big smile on his face. Like I was going to some family restaurant. Then when I left he opened the door for me again and wished me good luck at school.
2. If you hadn't figured out, I'm quiet. In spanish class the teacher was trying to get the class to settle down a girl on the other side of the room to me said, "Yeah Julia, stop being so loud." The teacher asked if I knew the girl, creating an scene. (Okay, that's an overstatement)This happens a lot when people think they're being funny, so I wasn't upset. But then after class the girl came up to me and apologized for embarrassing me.  
Gosh people are nice some times. I think I should try to be nice, because it makes me feel so great when others are. It sounds hard. Maybe I'll just try to not ignore people.

No comments: